Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lots of blogs to be posted!

Seems like I am forever trying to catch up on blogging. I guess that is going to be happening quite often, given how busy school is. Lots of catching up to do. 6 more months till graduation. Started to look for jobs and seeing what the options are out there. I am not too sure what I exactly want to do. Still exploring. I am taking a "Professional Food Writing" course as an elective at school. I must say that it is the only class that I am loving right now. I actually want to go to class and when Professor Chalmers lets us out early, which she does quite often (even if it is 5-10 mins), I get really sad. She also has a blog online, her newest book is "Food Jobs" www.foodjobsbook.com/blog that's the link to her blog! Check it out. She's really funny and fascinating with tons of experience.

One of the recent class assignment was to write an article, for the Alumni Magazine (40,000 copies get sent out),on one of the following topics: Stars and Stripes (Independence day celebration on campus), Flavor or Bees. I attended the event and took some pictures, wrote two articles one on the event and one on flavor. Hey! I have to take every opportunity to get published! Who knows when someone will read it?! Well needless to say, my article did not get chosen but as a "consolation prize" the editor said she would use some of my pictures (or maybe just one). That's better than nothing. I am pretty happy about it. That's a start of something!

Here are some shots from that day that I actually liked myself. The editor didn't tell me which shots are going in yet.





OH! I'm also taking an online photography course soon! Really excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment