Sunday, February 7, 2010

Coming to an end...

My life at the CIA is coming to an end. Will I ever be back here? Maybe.
My fridges are sold, my car is sold, once again I am packing- 3 years worth of "stuff" into boxes and bags. I have enough food to feed a family of 4 for a month if I was stuck in this room for a month and was not allowed to leave. YIKES! Note to self: where ever I am next, don't buy so much food.

As I come to an end at this leg of the race, it is ending in a great way! The Bocuse D'or USA Competition was held at the CIA this past weekend. James Kent, Sous Chef of Eleven Madison Park, NY won the competition. I was routing for him and his commis. It was quite exciting. We had the top chefs of America at our school. Only at the CIA will this happen. I got to meet David Chang and had him sign my Momofuku cookbook. While everyone was into the top notch chefs like Thomas Keller and Daniel Boulud. I was excited to see Francis Lam, I love his writing and the topics that he writes about. I also probably scared the crap out of him too. = 1

If you are reading this and wondering what my plans are after graduation. My answer is "I don't know". Here are the following answers you might get, but nothing is definite.

* I am waiting to hear back from NYU, for the master's program. Yes, I am considering to continue further with school. I know, surprising!
* I am considering on applying for a job in HK.
* I am looking for jobs at home for the time being, hopefully culinary related somehow.
* If NYU rejects me (fingers cross), I am going to seriously look for jobs in Asia.
* I am hoping to give back to the community, so I might volunteer at the daycare I grew up at, back at home.
* I am planning to ask the housing authority about this abandoned garden in my neighborhood and see if I can do some sustainable farming with it and having kids from the community come participate. Obviously, this will only happen if I am sticking around NYC for a while, 2-5 years that is.

That is it for now.

And of course, I am going to have some good eats when I get back home. First and foremost I am quite excited about going to Momofuku for some Fried Chicken! I can taste the deliciousness already!


one of my very last train rides on the Metro North back down to the city. Creation is beautiful!

2 comments: