Monday, March 21, 2011

Seven Months and 20 days later...

That's how long I've worked.  My first long term full time job! I've survived probation, I'm past the 6 month mark.  I am actually proud to say that I've made it this far.  Given that at times I want to drink myself to death after work (don't worry I am not an alcoholic).  I do understand why people in the hospitality/cooking industry do drugs or drink a lot! It's a pretty stressful and demanding job. 

I've SURVIVED! Through the 7 months, I've seen people come and go.  Some are still going.  I must say that it's pretty sad to see some of these guys go.  Especially when they're really good workers and are reliable.  Yet there were newbies that didn't make it.  They've had experience before, but just couldn't get use to the Club's mentality, rhythm and pace.  I know that I shouldn't compare myself to them. But it makes me pretty darn proud that I got through it and am sticking around. Even if I have to have a drink or two after work!

My pace has picked up. I am no longer that scared to be on the line by myself.  I've managed to knock out nine tickets at once by myself. I pretty much can work any station except for Chinese. If only I knew how to toss that darn Wok, then I would be good. 

I've learned a lot in the past seven months.  A lot about people, a lot about the kitchen and a lot about myself.  I'm still learning and that's good.  Life is always about learning. 

One thing I have yet to learn is... Why are people never satisfied?  No matter how much you offer. There is always someone who is complaining?! Please enlighten me!

I am going to end this post with pics of most of my team at work! These are people that I can rely on and have relied on in the past seven months.  Without them, I wouldn't have survived! There wouldn't be a club for people to go to without them either! Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwww that is so great to hear. Congrats!!!! I'll buy you a drink when you come back to visit.

    As far as, "One thing I have yet to learn is... Why are people never satisfied? No matter how much you offer. There is always someone who is complaining?! Please enlighten me!" I can imagine God saying that to us all the time, hahah. =/

    ReplyDelete